University of Michigan essays to help you apply successfully
Get to know the main admission requirements of schools and colleges at the University of Michigan. Let our writers help you with your essay and feel confident about your admission.
Main prospects of studying at the University of Michigan
One of the largest public research institutions in the U.S., the University of Michigan focuses on interdisciplinary studies. This is your chance not only to get an academic degree but also to adjust it to your career and life opportunities. This institution is ranked as one of the top U.S. public universities according to QS World University Ranking (2019-2020). The University of Michigan includes 19 schools and colleges that offer 263 degree programs, plus centers for research and innovation. The freshman retention rate is 97% here, and 92% of students graduate within 6 years. So, the University of Michigan looks like the right place to proceed with your higher education.
General requirements for University of Michigan applicants
February 1st is the deadline for fall term applications at the University of Michigan. By this time, all applicants need to submit the following materials to the board:
- High school transcript or official college transcripts if you are already a student of another college or university
- SAT or ACT score, which is required by any college or university across the country
- School report or counselor recommendation plus one teacher evaluation
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students
- Common Application or Coalition Application which includes the University of Michigan application essay plus a $75 admission fee
Also, we recommend checking the specific requirements of any particular school or college you are applying to. Do not submit any extra materials that are not listed as it may delay the review of your application by the university board.
Coming up with University of Michigan supplemental essays
As you apply to this institution, you will be required to answer one of three questions on the Michigan University list. The questions concern activities you would like to be engaged in, communities you belong to, and your interests supported by the university’s curriculum. Your task is to pick one question—the response to which can reveal your personality and ambitions. The size of your University of Michigan essay is between 250 and 650 words. Make your paper inspirational but also well-structured. Reveal your best past experiences and explain how the institution can help you meet your goals.
How to write University of Michigan essays: a few practical tips
- If you have some meaningful interests, experience, or background, it is a good idea to reveal it in your application paper. Mention how this aspect of life influenced your personality and how you can see it transforming your future.
- Challenges and failures can dramatically change our lives. If you’ve learned a lot from your past experience, you can also mention it in your essay.
- Also, you can describe some of the current challenges you face and explain how the university can help you get through it. Offer solutions to your problems, even if they are yet to come.
- Be precise and avoid wordiness. Make your point clear but do not drag too many details into your paper. The admission board does not expect you to write a novel; that is why Michigan essay can contain only some 250-300 words.
- Edit your writing when you finish. Even experienced writers find typos in their texts. So, we recommend you to double-check your paper for minor mistakes.
Why ask for help with your application essay?
Applying to your dream college, you need this essay to be perfect. Even if your academic experience is rather ordinary and you do not participate much in extracurriculars, you need to present yourself in the best light. When you run out of ideas, our expert writers are always ready to help. We can provide you with an excellent University of Michigan supplemental essay, completed according to all the requirements. You do not have to worry about your application with our team.